Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Run Through

--> It'll be nice to have Tom Daschle back in government as Secretary of Health and Human Services after the Republicans ran him out in 2004 while he was the Democrats' leader in the Senate. Wish that had happened to Mitch McConnell this year. Tom will be in a position to lead on health care reform from that spot.

--> I guess the Clinton thing is still up in the air? I dunno. Bill's being vetted carefully and I haven't heard much about the other candidates for Secretary of State - Bill Richardson, John Kerry, Richard Holbrooke, et al. Jon Stewart makes a, um, good point on Clinton being Secretary of State, though...



Well, we'll see. I'd still prefer Richard Holbrooke. Some people are keen on John Kerry, but I just couldn't tolerate that. I don't know why, I just can't take him seriously anymore (though not as unseriously as Bill Richardson).

--> Also - more good news! - Ted Stevens is down the tubes!

--> On the Joe Lieberman front - I'm still less upset with Lieberman for being Lieberman than I am with my birth-state of Connecticut for not electing Ned Lamont in 2006 (since when don't you people love a Greenwich businessman??) - I support Obama's reconciliation with Lieberman. This is a trend with Obama; your friends close, your enemies closer. Yeah, Lieberman's a jerk, but he's not a big enough jerk to be worth the effort to kick out and banish from the caucus. This move by Obama basically says, it's ok, you can come back, you're not worth the effort it would take to wipe you off the bottom of my Bruno Magli's. I like that attitude. Nate Silver has a terrific piece on this as well.

No comments: